Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Waverly Health Center, Rooftop Garden Conference Room, 312 9th Street SW Waverly, IA 50677
The NE District is hosting a continuing education session "Opioids: A Crisis Primer” presented by Jackie Preston from Pathways Behavioral Health.
Time: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The NE District will host a social hour before the CE session from 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm. Please plan to join for light refreshments.
The NE District will also host a district meeting immediately following the CE session at 8:00 pm. District members are encouraged to attend, elections for District officers will be held. Please send your nominations to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Waverly Hospital, Rooftop Garden Conference Room or join online!
Please register for the meeting, walk in attendance will be available at the meeting also.
We will use the Zoom meeting platform for online attendees - a link will be sent directly to you when you register for the meeting.
“Opioids: A Crisis Primer” will provide participants with key information to increase awareness and understanding of the opioid
crisis and how it may impact them, their employer and their clients/patients.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
1. Analyze National, State and Local trends on opioids to support crisis response
2. Describe the factors that lead to the current opioid crisis
3. Identify the signs/symptoms of opioid use/abuse
4. Recognize the addiction process
5. Characterize opioid withdrawal symptoms
6. Compare opioid potency and risks
7. Summarize prevention efforts regarding opioids
8. Differentiate treatment services
9. Demonstrate use of Naloxone for an opioid overdose
Back to Events