Becoming a member of the Iowa Physical Therapy Association is a great way to get connected with other professionals, stay informed on physical therapy issues, and have access to continuing education opportunities throughout the year.
Advocating for the physical therapy profession is a priority for IPTA. Our organization employs a legislative counsel to provide full time coverage of state legislature and government activities. IPTA staff reviews all bills and administrative rules to identify potential problems. Current legislative priorities are available here.
IPTA is dedicated to helping its members continue their education. Members receive a discount on IPTA continuing education conferences and issue forums, as well as free admission to district continuing education programs. These can be used toward re-licensure. Additionally, scholarships to student members. To learn more about the Olive Farr Scholarship, please click here.
Continuing Education for Re-licensure
- IPTA is required by the IPTA board of directors to provide a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education at its spring and fall conferences during the licensure biennium.
- By attending IPTA’s annual conferences, you will receive a sufficient number of CE hours for re-licensure in Iowa.
- IPTA retains conference attendance records for five years, and members receive free replacement copies of CE certificates.
- The IPT Foundation conducts Issue Forums at the spring and fall conferences designed to provide members with up-to-date information about current practice issues.
- Members receive half-price tuition to all Issues Forums. The attendance fee at the Issues Forums is tax-deductible as a contribution to the Iowa Physical Therapy Foundation.
- Members receive a 50% tuition discount at IPTA spring and fall continuing-education conferences plus free admission at regular District CE programs. PTAs receive an additional 1/3 discount, and student members receive an additional 2/3 discount.
- The Iowa Physical Therapy Foundation offers scholarships to PT/PTA student members.
Making connections is an important part of advancing your career, as well as the profession. As a member, you will have access to exclusive resources to connect you with your colleagues, potential patients and industry news. IPTA provides annual conferences, a membership directory, marketing resources and patient referrals in order to help members connect professionally.
- Click here to access the APTA member directory. You will need to log in.
- IPTA provides free information about members to patients, physicians, and other members seeking referral to PTs in a particular city or to PTs with special practice interests or specialties.
- IPTA provides our newsletter free to all members. It includes information on upcoming events, legislative updates and organization news.